Saturday, October 8, 2011

What Has Four Wheels, and Flies?

EVACUATE!!!  or.....
video
                                                                  ...give me your old washing machine.


These were some of the unfamiliar sounds that frightened me the first day I was home alone here in Jordan. Posting them today has made me laugh out loud. Because on rare occasion, I have been known to think the worst. When I heard this foreign language hollering through my window, I immediately thought trouble. If you'll notice the truck at the end, they are hauling old appliances.
The amazing thing is, they drive by at least 8 times a day. (that's when I'm home.)


This next one, the same thing. Only they are selling "bouda-gas". The gas canisters that we survive on around here. This one I find hilarious because I am hiding behind the curtain as I film. This sheer piece of fabric is shielding me from what?

                                                               EVACUATE!!  or...
video
                                                                  buy some "Bouda-Gas"


2 comments:

  1. I know what you're hiding from...salesmen! They can be quite persuasive in the middle east :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely agree with Ellie. Your posts remind me of an encounter with a camel and his slimy handler. Or maybe it was the camel that was slimy? No, I got it right the first time.

    ReplyDelete